After a long absence from these quizzes, I decided that it is time to partake again. Thank you, Paul, for hosting the 5th edition of your famous quiz. Interested? Head on over to The Captain’s Speech. You will be in for a treat.
Now about that quiz and my answers… Please enjoy. And good luck to everyone taking on this challenge. It’s 5 pm, let’s get this one on the road.
To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I see it.
There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your response to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
There are 3 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
You have until Noon on Tuesday, November 23 to participate. The results will be posted next Wednesday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. The Fab Five were a group of all-freshmen starters for the 1991 Michigan men’s basketball team. What is something you immediately excelled at?
Knowing songs and their lyrics.
2. One Direction was a boy band that eventually went in five directions. If you were in a five-person band, would you be the first one to leave? Why or why not?
No. I would be the second. The first is the one that gives up, second is the one leaving the sinking ship.
3. Five Alive is a line of various fruit juice blends. Create a new drink and include any number (other than five) in its name. Tell me about the new drink.
2+3 Your new favourite drink combines two kinds of vegetables and three kinds of fruits. Tasty and healthy; guaranteed to improve your day. 2+3 Now available in stores near you.
4. In the mid-2000s, WWE Superstar John Cena had a weekly segment on WWE.com called, “Five Questions With The Champ” where he answered fan questions. If you were to send a celebrity five questions, who would it be and what would you ask?
In 2023, Indian Jones 5 will be released. When you signed for the first movie, did you ever stop to think that 42 years later people still want to see Indy?
Flying or floating?
Coffee with or without milk?
Early riser or burning the midnight oil?
What are the five greatest songs ever written, according to you, Mr Ford?
5. The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowls, with their last one coming in 1995. What is something from 1995 that you wish we still had and/or did in 2021?
In 1995, I was 12 years old. I wish we could be that carefree again.
6. When you type, “Where are the” into Google, what is the fifth autocomplete option?
Where are they situated?
7. The TV show, Breaking Bad, had five seasons. What is your favourite TV show and how many seasons does it have?
Brothers and Sisters. It has 5 seasons.
8. The PlayStation 5 has experienced supply issues due to a chip shortage. What are your top five potato chip flavours?
Salt. Salt and pepper. Paprika (not sure if that exists over there). Cheese and onions. And salt.
9. “Remember, remember, the 5th of November” is a line from the movie, V for Vendetta. What do you remember about November 5, 2021?
On the 5th of November, I remember I remember inviting someone to my home for Christmas.
10. How would you explain the “high five” hand gesture to someone who doesn’t know what it is?
Both parties raise one of their arms and clap the other’s hand mid-air. (If you look at the elbow of the other’s raised arm, you can never miss a high five, it’s true. Try it!). It means, agreeing on or being happy about an outcome.
1. If you could be five-years-old for the next 24 hours, what would you do?
I would throw a tantrum because I would have to follow rules and obey adults and I would not like that. I would play with my toy cars, jump in puddles (which I do as an adult too), refuse to eat anything green, and ask for cuddles while watching TV with my parental figure.
2. How many five-letter words can you type in two minutes? Do it, but don’t share the words with me. Your answer to this question will only be the number of words.
Seventeen.Tell me the story behind th
3. Tell me the story behind the fifth photo in your phone (or camera, computer, photo album)
It’s a picture of my youngest daughter folding a burrito. Once in a while, we eat burritos, all made from scratch, with lots of vegetables and lots of fun. Amalia packed so much into hers that she almost couldn’t close it. She was laughing the entire time. (If Amalia was not on the pic, I would have shared it)
Thank you, and have a great evening. xx