Lately, you’ve been on my mind day and night, every waking hour and every sleeping moment too. I think it happened. It finally happened. And I am sorry. I apologise.
There are too many reasons for me to love you.
- I care and never want to see you hurt
- I want to protect you and keep you out of harm’s way
- You act strong for everyone else, but I’ve seen you, and I understand
- I like you; you are my person
- We have a past, a present, and a future
- Your presence in my life helps me grow
- You make me smile, even more so when you realise what I am made of
- When I hear your voice, there are butterflies in my belly
- I trust you, so much so that your is the only number that can call me at any time of the day and night
- I see the potential in you, the creativity that knows no limits
- I cannot fix you because you are not broken, but I can love you
- I get jealous when you interact with other women
- I cannot think of anything that I detest in you; nothing appalls me, nothing makes me want to abandon you
- You deserve to be loved by me
- I deserved to be loved by you.
Or as Martin L Gore wrote and sang:
Depeche Mode – somebody
Goodnight, dear Stranger,