things changed in my life – a list:
- I made room for routines (getting up at the same time each day)
- I have been working out every day – yoga, squats, planks, jumping jacks…
- I have been eating healthier (since March 1st… it was a challenge)
- less alcohol (part of that challenge)
- I made time for music
- I began making my own bread (there is one in the oven now)
- I discovered overnight oats (they are delicious)
- away from the usual responsibilities at work and driving the kids around from here to there, I feel more relaxed
- watching less TV (yes, you read that right – less!)
- drinking lots of tea and water
- I enjoy homeschooling my kids and like spending time with them a lot. (I added this one because I am growing very tired of all the memes of parents being overwhelmed with their kids and only coping with alcohol. Parents who actually spend time with their kids and raised them well will enjoy this time – it is an exceptional time, and the kids will never forget it, we should make it count.)
Sure, these don’t sound like life-altering things, but for me, they are. In my line of work, getting up every day at the same time is impossible, because of the shifts we work. Some days I need to get up early, and other days I can lie in… Right now, I have the luxury of sleeping longer than usual, but not being lazy either. I have breakfast every day at the same time, I work out every day at the same time… (with the kids, during their homeschooling break). Routines are nice.
Anyway, my bread is done, it looks and smells delicious….
Thank you for your support and your friendship, and at the recommendation of gigglingfattie, I will accept the challenge and write for the AtoZ Challenge in April. I want to step away from my comfort zone a little more often.
Thank you. 🙂